Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Suitable Plants for a family garden on a budget. Advice please!

On Jan 6, 11:32 am, Courgette
wrote:
I'm a real beginner & would like to start planning my summer garden
porject. any advice is gratefully received!
I have two small gardens, one front & one in back of the house... The
front garden is very rarely used but has some fantastic old (really
old) rose bushes which I have pruned according to advice from a
colleague. I'd like to know what to plant in our borders to create a
cheap Wow factor. .................................................. ................

snipped
Again I'd like the plants to grow quite wild and big to
fill the space ( and surround the roses) rather than being uniorm and
structured. But they also have to be cheap and not adverse to a bit of
Scottish rain!
Any advice given will be really gratefully received. This is my first
garden where I have had full creative license and I'd love to both
impress the neighbours and create a little summer haven for my family.
Many thanks!

--
Courgette

Do you have any local garden clubs? Garden clubbers are always having
fund raising plant sales. Plants are usually offered at very low
prices, and
you will be getting locally grown plants that are spreaders that
volunteer
and will do well in your area.
Good luck with your WOW garden

Emilie