Old 08-01-2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
J. Davidson J. Davidson is offline

Default Is it possible to make branches from a mulberry take root?

Rootone will help too.
Jackie
"Rockford" wrote in message

Yes they strike easily.

David

Good, I'm in with a chance then. I've never attempted anything like it
before though, so am very unsure on how to go about it - could someone
advise me on whether the following is the right approach or not? It's
what I picked up from numerous corners of the internet:

Plant into a 2/3 sand 1/3 compost mix in a clean pot
Strip off a few inches of bark from the bottom
Keep it warm indoors
Feed with water that's had chopped up weeping willow branches left in
it (?!)

Is that right? Also, would I be better using the full offcuts which a
several feet long, or removing smaller branches from them & using
those?

Sorry about all these questions; I'm a complete novice & not green
fingered -at all-!

--
Rockford