Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Potatos in tyres

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in message

I have been growing pottatoes in tyres for some weeks now.

Why in tyres? What is under the tyres? Soil? Cement? Other?

I decided to see how it worked out. Grass is under the tyres. One garden is
full of tomatos, another in Kumara, another with garlic, one 1/2 full of
garlic and some (non heading) broccoli and the last spring onions, carrots &
lettuce. I wasn't going to do spuds, then decided to & thought tyres was
worth a try. One measly handful down so far.

rob