Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Potatos in tyres

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"George.com" wrote in
:

I have been growing pottatoes in tyres for some weeks now.
One stack died off, 3 are still going and I pulled one up
today expecting a crop of new potatoes. The stack was 6
tryes high, I got a measly handful of potatos. Bugger.

how many weeks? did you dig up the one that died off? did you
dig up the one that you thought should have new potatoes or
did you literally "pull it up"?
lee

I dug up the dead lot & got a few spuds. This last lot came down with
something as the potato stems had started to rot in the compost. The stack
went in mid october so about 2 1/2 months. Heaps of top growth, 6 tyres
high, but bugger all potatos. I'll see how the other 3 tyre stacks go.

rob