Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Elt Elt is offline

Default The Gradens on Madeira

Sacha wrote:

Surely there is room on here for a bit of "topical" off topic chat?? Or
am I being naive again

Elt
snip

Again? Have you been naïve here before? ;-)

I'm always naive, its the only way to learn

Ah, there's a lot to learn here - in more ways than one. Where do you
garden Elt? I don't think we've seen you here before? There's a load of
good information available from many keen gardeners at all levels.

Hi again,

I've been lurking for a while now, especially as my first post got a
barrage of abuse (I learnt about trolls from that!) for being too long.
Reading some of the board is quite amusing, although I do think that
some of the posters are really the same person.... especially some of
the more esoteric ones... (they're on my ignore rule now, thankfully)
As for where I garden, well I dont really garden, I just popped in to
seek a bit of advice etc, and got stuck here. I'm in the RAF, and as
such inherit a "new" garden everytime we move - just trying to keep it
tidy and enjoy the bits we get. I tried to start growing some of my own
veg this year but various beasties and the weather seemed to do me no
favours. I think i'll wait until we get our own place sorted before
having another go.

The garlic's doing well though!
Elt