Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Stuart Naylor

Default Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions?

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:29:33 +0800, IKD wrote:

I put two Water Lilys in my pond last week. The tadpoles seem to love one
plant in particular and have just about stipped the pads .

There is plenty of other food in the pond so I presume it is a matter of
preference for their diet 8-)

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can deter the tadpoles?

Do you want frogs in the pond, apparently you have no fish? White
Clouds might be a suitable fish depending on where you live, they are
a cold water fish about 3 to 4 cm long and they would breed outside if
no other fish were present. They do a terrific job of controlling
mosquitoes etc. that would otherwise be a problem in outside ponds by
eating the larvae before it develops. I'm sure they would do the same
with the tadpoles unless they were themselves eaten by frogs.
--
Stuart.

for email address: ask@newsgroup