Old 08-01-2008, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Non-hibernating Grey Squirrels

Has anyone else got non-hibernating gray squirrels this year?

Normally I can feed the birds at this time of year without the feeders
being raided
Elizabeth in Renfrewshire, Scotland.
Removex to reply

Yes I have down here in Kent, Elizabeth. One persistant little b*****d who
runs off as soon as I get my air rifle cocked!!

I read somewhere that the grey squirrel doesn't hibernate

Clive in Kent

I don't think they hibernate at all. Our Garden in the south is full
of them all year round, and at the moment they are busy destroying all
the bird feeders. They are pests, but such cute pests!

We have plenty here in Gloucestershire.