Old 08-01-2008, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Question on Tobacco Tea

"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Val" wrote in message

"mleblanca" wrote in message

Maybe we all should visit our libraries and find out if there are
copies of this available and request that they be withdrawn,
destroyed, or "lost" Our little Wreck Gardens Project for 2008

Emilie
NorCal

Yer not s'posed to destroy books because you disagree about or not
approve of what's in them. Can you say "First Amendment"? You might as
well also forget about trying to legislate stupidity. Usenet would be
among the first to vanish.

Val

What if a book in the library said it sex with minors was a swell idea?

Now you're getting into that morality/obscenity/pornography thing that has
been bandied and battled for decades through pretty much every level of
decision making from the local Altar Guild to the US Supreme Court. Jerry
Baker's schlock hardly falls into that category and that reference WAS
directed towards Baker's books. The debate over what constitutes
inappropriate material and whether (and how) the public should be
protected from it will not likely be settled any time soon.The first ten
amendments of the Bill of Rights were ratified in 1791, each amendment has
ratified detailed annotations added through the years. You will find that
there are many added details regarding children(minors) dealing with
obscenity, child pornography and non-obscene but sexually explicit and
indecent expression. If you want to look up the 1st Amendment's
annotations they will answer that particular question for you.

I shall refrain from correcting the grammar in your convolutedly
structured question or telling you to "haul your sorry ass to the library
and find that answer yourself" 'cause yew iz Joe SpareBedroom and you
were most likely wickedly chuckling while you pounded that out on your
keyboard with a "lesse how she's gonna answer this"! LMAO ~snort~

Val

Some libraries still have gardening & home maintenance books which suggest
doing things with chemicals that are illegal to use in this country. I
wonder if they could be edging into the obscenity zone.