Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default The Monster Storm

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 1/8/08 2:33 PM, in article
, "MajorOz"
wrote:

On Jan 8, 6:27 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Emilie! glad to hear you are OK and so is your garden!

I've survived a few hurricanes, more than a few blizzards and my worst
nightmare are still ice storms.

Cheryl

Spent last night in the bomb shelter buried next to the barn. Nearly
twenty tornadoes touched down, killing (so far reported) three and
many injuries and zillions in property damage. Luckily, they missed
me, going by just to the north and south. I had just cut back the
grapes and mulched some roses, after record 71 degrees Sunday.
S'posed to snow tonight. Hard to plan for.
Well, at least it filled the pond.

cheers

oz

I've seen some "maybe tornados" - they are supposedly happen around here and
thankfully, I've never been in the path. I think they'd scare me as much as
an icestorm does.

We had a minor tornado a few years back. Some folks still talk about
the train like sound. This was very minor as just some tree's were
downed. Bad weather here is fog , black ice and 5 inches of snow.
Lost power once due to lighting for about a week. Our main health
hazard seems to be young drivers on cell phones and perhaps too many
visits to the doctors.

Seems we are VERY lucky.

Hope all goes well with all.

Bill who was out in 70 F weather today doing spring clean up chores.

WEIRD

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound