Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

Default Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions?

"IKD" wrote in message
Hi,

I put two Water Lilys in my pond last week. The tadpoles seem to love one
plant in particular and have just about stipped the pads .

There is plenty of other food in the pond so I presume it is a matter of
preference for their diet 8-)

Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can deter the tadpoles?

Iain

Are you sure it's the tadpoles?

You could possibly try putting in a couple of other type of water plants, as
well as your water lillies. Once the water lillies get going, and
multiplying, then it should be quite safe to remove the other plants.
Unless of course the other food you mention are other water plants, in which
case I am not sure.
It would be quite beneficial to allow the tadpoles to mature to frogs,
'cause as frogs they will be getting quite a lot of "annoying" bugs around
the garden, including flies and mossies.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply