Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Non-hibernating Grey Squirrels

Malcolm writes

It isn't necessary to kill all grey squirrels everywhere in the UK just to
keep them out of Formby.

Wrong. It is vital, not just necessary, to kill grey squirrels anywhere
where they are putting our increasingly endangered red squirrel
populations at risk, including many areas in Scotland.

I doubt whether killing greys in the middle of Leeds is going to do much
to help reds in Scotland, or even in Cumbria.

And if you are in an urban area, you are grateful for any wildlife you
can see, even the introduced variety.
--
Kay