Old 09-01-2008, 12:59 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond plans for New Year

exactly. I agree. not only that, but the veggie roots will grow thick enough to
filter everything anyway. Ingrid

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:35:07 CST, Derek Broughton wrote:
I wouldn't usually put gravel in a veggie filter though. If you have
enough vegetation, then the gravel just gets completely wrapped up in the
roots, making removing excess plants more difficult (getting a spade into
it without piercing the liner is practically impossible).