Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default The Monster Storm

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Emilie! glad to hear you are OK and so is your garden!

I've survived a few hurricanes, more than a few blizzards and my worst
nightmare are still ice storms.

Cheryl

Have to agree with that. Ice storms can knock out residential electrical
supply radically, and weather can delay the fixes for many days afterwards.
They also tear up major and minor trees without discrimination.

Wind can rip any tree from the soil if its loosely packed, or an old dying
tree. Saplings take more than a few months to set their roots as well if
transplanted. They are essentially in a mudhole until that happens.
Dave