Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsaiart.co.uk View Post
When first starting off getting into bonsai I remember trawling
through garden centres trying to pick out the best from a bad bunch of
bonsai. Most of them were indoors when they were meant to be out and
nearly all of them had wire marks on... I wondered why when I bought
them and brought them home they died. Now I realise that the junipers
and maples I'd bought were supposed to be outdoors in the first place.

I usually collect mine as yamadori now as they are much more wild
looking and definitely won't have any wire marks on!

eBay is another good option for finding good bonsai and also normally
better than garden centres. If you are buying from eBay though it's
best you go to collect the tree in person, so that you can make sure
it's in good condition and also not risk it being damaged in the post.

Adam
http://bonsaiart.co.uk
l first go mine from my mother in low. the money tree. she is the one who taught me all about bonsai. things like pruning, watering , what tupes of pots to buy and the different types of bonsai