Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT troll treatment

In article ,
Saxman says...
David in Normandy wrote:

Ditto. Since switching to the MicroPlanet Gravity
newsreader I hardy see any troll activity. I've simply set
a rule to block posts sent to more than one newsgroup.
Because most trolls can't resist cross posting it is very
effective. The second rule automatically deletes any posts
with offensive language - this too is very effective.

I have just installed Gravity and it looks OK.

How does one set up the rules for cross posters.

Can't find it.

Click Tools Rules.
Click Add and give the new rule a meaningful name such as
"crossposted"
Look down the list of rules and select the one marked
"Cross posted to more than x groups"
You can set the value for x yourself.
Select the actions tab and select 'Discard'.
Job done.
--
David in Normandy