Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How to safely plant a soakaway?

In article ,
Eddy says...
David in Normandy wrote:
I'll continue each year with the leaf folding and fleece to
be on the safe side. I'd hate to lose it.

Very interesting hear you talk about your giant, David. Have you ever
discovered or noticed how deep its roots go?

Eddy.

Mine hasn't reached the giant stage yet, it's only a couple
of years old. I don't know how long they take to reach
mature size or how deep the roots of mature specimens go.

It is positioned at the bottom of our soakaway next to the
drainage ditch. It's roots can go as deep and wide as they
like there without interfering with anything.
--
David in Normandy