Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
skinty skinty is offline

Default Moles

Totally agree with the nice approach of moving the moles people use mole
bombs or Falk the area between the Mole Hills not good

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
am says...
In article 1591aa31-342f-4ba0-81bd-
, says...
David, I wondered if you knew that n France they often plant the
Invarvillee Rose, Incarvillea delavayi to get rid of moles, the non
violent way. Apparently the moles don't like the smells of the roots.
Now I'm not too sure how many acres you've got a problem with, but I
thought I'll drop the idea.

I just googled for your suggested plants.

Is this what I need "Incarvillea delavayi - Garden
Gloxinia"?

Google doesn't come up with any matches for "Invarvillee
Rose"

thats because its spelt Incarvillea delavayi with a c but only 1 v,
unfortunately in your climate they are unlikely to be long lived, but you
may get a few years out of indevidual plants, but parkers sell them and
they are not that expensive they set a load of seed so you could raise
the hundreds you would need. I have never heard of them detering moles
but then I have never been french!!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk