Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Moles

On 9 Jan, 20:54, Charlie Pridham wrote:
thats because its spelt Incarvillea delavayi with a c but only 1 v,

Indeed, my second spelling was wrong, put a c instead of a v! Sorry.

unfortunately in your climate they are unlikely to be long lived, but you
may get a few years out of indevidual plants, but parkers sell them and
they are not that expensive they *set a load of seed so you could raise
the hundreds you would need. I have never heard of them detering moles
but then I have never been *french!!

Yes, it's the garden gloxina - just seen a picture and it's the same
plant. Never tried it - my uncle uses those 'landmines', the little
'fusees'. They look like fire crakers indeed. Oh the thought of it!!
It's a perfect time to plant the gloxina too I beleive and as you say
Charlie, it will be easy to raise lots with seeds. Having said that,
the French also plant ricinus communis and there are those who also
try the usual garlic .... )