Old 21-02-2003, 07:03 PM
animaux

Default Still good? Castor Bean Seeds

If you eat them, you may die or get very sick. No other dangers I know of. They
aren't trees, but annuals which self-sow voraciously. You can easily have a
forest of them in three years. Repel moles? Not sure about that one.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:22:27 -0500, "Ralph D." wrote:

Do Castor Bean trees discourage moles or any other critters? I know that
castor oil is supposed to be repulsive for these little buggers, but I've
got enough property that I would need gallons of it in a sprayer. I've been
thinking of growing the trees in several places spread around the yard and
gardens.

Can one get the red seeds at Tractor Supply Company?

What are the practical dangers associated with growing them?

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
On 20 Feb 2003 21:07:40 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

The pods of seeds from last years Castor Beans are still on the plants

here in
zone 5/6. We had temps never above freezing for twenty-some days.
Are these seeds still good?

Should be. If not, I have some to mail to you. The red foliage castor

bean
plants are what I grow. They get 10 feet tall and wide, here!