Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Slug elimination success

A couple of days ago we had 24 hours of drizzle & a hot humid evening.
Usually the sort of weather slugs & snails thrive in. Not so, I went out ot
my vege patch in the evening & found stuff all slugs. The intensive beer
trapping I did seems to have made a big difference in the slug population.
The few I did see were dispatched with some salt. The gardens are raised so
my mate Mr hedgehog hasn't scoffed any. I put the success down to beer
traps.

rob