Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default The Monster Storm

In article ,
wrote:

unless it is a dome roof, especially cement domes.

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:22:53 -0800, Billy wrote:
Trees down all over town, and we have lots of them. Some are
still on top of roofs

Thank you for your astute and pertinent observation dr-solo.

A quick check shows that there aren't many single family reinforced
concrete domed domiciles here in western Sonoma County. How about you
Emilie, is this a toni fashion statement popular in Chico? Domed?

Branches over a vehicle (to avoid attracting unwanted attention*) is
currently more popular than domed domiciles here. However, the two
styles (huddling under branches and, domed domiciles with porticos) will
probably experience a recrudescence as the middle-class moseys into
extinction.

Here, in that sleepy, little, wide-spot in the road, known as
Forestville, the garden beds are cleaned, covered with news print,
mulched with alfalfa and oak leaves, and seeded with green manure. Crop
rotation is figured out. Got my seeds. In a month, I'll start
germinating my cabbages but for now, it's watch the rain and wait.

*
http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/articl.../NEWS/71121015
--

Billy