Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default allotments

On 10/1/08 15:38, in article ,
"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 10/1/08 15:14, in article
, "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

snip
Rotovators are big and heavy, few are small enough to fit in a car and
few
are light enough to lift. I lift mine in and out of my Defender van but
I'm
6ft and have been described as built like a brick ...... :-) As the
years
go on I might have to resort to a trailer I can push it onto. If you only
have a car it might be worth considering a trailer anyway, muddy tools
can
soon ruin a car's interior no matter how careful you are, I speak from
experience which is why I now have a proper allotment vehicle too.

Excuse me for butting into this to ask a question. A friend of mine would
like to know if it's illegal to sell the produce you have grown on an
allotment. She's American and an admirer of Alan Coren. She read a story
of his about a child who found his parents selling their produce and
ratting
on them!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It's not illegal but it may be contrary to your contract with the landlord.
Usually they don't give a monkeys as long as you don't run your allotment as
a business

Thanks Robert. That explains it - different rules and regs in different
places.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk