Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening
Oz[_1_] Oz[_1_] is offline

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns this time the killing of infant animals as young as three week

Jette writes
So long as there's power, I've personally got a about two weeks of food.
Bread would be interesting - I could do lots of unleavened bread type things
(pancakes, blinis, tortillas) from scratch, and a small amount of regular
type bread (couple of bread making packs with the yeast included).

Note that a small bit of todays bread, left in a warm place until
tomorrow, will make enough yeast for tomorrow's bread.

Tins,
dried, frozen foods.

Indeed. However its likely that power will be off, at least for several
days. Here, of course, the power will stay on since I bought a little
genny (£39.99, 750W, runs 10hrs on 4L), which will run the boiler and
waterpump.

--
Oz