Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

Default indoor azalea

On 9 Jan, 22:50, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

At
the moment we have in flower 4 different Jasmines, Lapageria,
hardenbergia, Salvia gaurantica Black and Blue, Acacia fimbriata,
Bougainvillea, many and various pelargoniums, Mandevilla boliviensis,
Scilla madeiriensis, Clerodenrum ugandense,

I had the salvia some time ago but lost it during the winter, I love the
colour. I kept it in the garden but had it in the cold greenhouse for 1
winter and it promptly died never to be seen again !

Not bad considering its been below zero on several occassions this
winter! While in the house we have 2 black shriveled poinsettias someone
gave us! We are absolutly hopeless with house plants (not much better
with veg)

I'm terrible with houseplants but I don't like even cut flowers, it
makes me think of funerals and I hate to see plants that have been cut
and die, even if the plant they were on is still alive

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

For most of my working life part of my job was trying to slow the
inevitable demise of pot plants in a big dark hot country house - I
never did like that very much. I grew very good pot plants and was
then extremely reluctant to take them into the 'Big House' to die ;~{