Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default allotments

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to grow my own fruit and veg, so I enquired about
allotments. There are two sites locally both on hills. One has quite a
gradient and the other is less so. Would I be right to choose the
flatter of the two? Does the slope make a different to plants?

You're not in Disley by any chance Fred? My sister has a plot there and it's
at 45deg! She's using raised beds to terrace it to make it a bit flatter. It
would drain something rotten in prolonged dry periods, but this is unlikely
to be an issue in Disley, known locally as Drizzly Disley. :-))

Steve