Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default OT ISP query

In message , Sacha
writes
On 10/1/08 16:00, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

Sacha says...
Anyone any idea why Orange has suddenly gone berserk and re-sent me all my
emails from mid December onwards, some of them 4 times?!

They must have had a glitch, perhaps had to do a restore
and lost track of what they'd already sent. More concerning
would be any that they have lost. I used to subscribe to a
daily news email from the BBC. On one occasion they sent me
the same email more than 20 times over the course of a few
minutes. Ain't technology wonderful?

I don't think I've lost anything vital but over Christmas one friend kept
trying to send me emails which bounced time and again. Others were having
no trouble at all.

Possibly your ISP had decided to blacklist their ISP perhaps because a
spammer had hijacked someone's valid address on that ISP and was using
it to send out spam. Happened to me. Fortunately my ISP uses static IP
addresses so I was able to get mine white listed by the commonest anti
spam software.
--
hugh