Old 10-01-2008, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default OT ISP query

In message , Sacha
writes
On 10/1/08 17:35, in article ,
"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:02:49 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Anyone any idea why Orange has suddenly gone berserk and re-sent me all my
emails from mid December onwards, some of them 4 times?!

My next door neighbour has had problems with Orange. He reckons they
resend emails when the originals are lost. If yours were not lost then
you finish up with two copies.

Steve

In this instance I ended up with about four of each, including some of the
Junk. I find their service has become very erratic and I think I'm going to
have to do something drastic. All that deters me is that my email addy is
on our brochures and the thought of all the people I'll have to notify!

That's the advantage of having your own domain name with e-mail
forwarding. You can switch it to a different underlying ISP easily at
zero cost.

Domain names only cost a few pounds per annum Well worth it.
--
hugh