Old 11-01-2008, 01:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default electric chipper shredder

Several years back I bought a Troy built 5 hp model. I think it would take
limbs up to an inch and a half/two inches. It was OK on the little stuff.
The larger limbs were a little more difficult. More like grinding down
rather than chipping up. Doing the leaves was really dusty and they didn't
break up very much; still had a lot of bulk and the discharge bag had to be
emptied too frequently. Having said all of this, I'd recommend one only if
you had a large quantity of 1 inch or smaller diameter limbs that you were
wanting to get rid of and didn't have a place to burn them or you wanted to
use them to make mulch .

Wanna buy mine?

wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?