Old 10-01-2008, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default allotments

"Fred" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" replied
Personally I strimmed mine and
then used Glysophate weedkiller twice to kill all weeds including
perennial
ones

Thanks. I'll check which way south is.

I don't know anything about weed killer. Is this one safe to use in
soil that you want to grow fruit and veg. ?

Supposed to be, yes. I would not use it again on my present plot but it does
do a good job if starting from a wild patch and if I had to start another
new allotment from such a state I would certainly use it again. Couch grass
is one thing it eliminates that is very difficult to remove any other way.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden