Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT ISP query

On 10/1/08 21:55, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:59:22 +0100, David in Normandy
wrote:

Sacha says...
In this instance I ended up with about four of each, including some of the
Junk. I find their service has become very erratic and I think I'm going to
have to do something drastic. All that deters me is that my email addy is
on our brochures and the thought of all the people I'll have to notify!

Best to use an email address associated with your own web
site domain name. That way you own the email address and it
doesn't matter who you use as an ISP or for that matter who
does the web hosting. You can move and change providers as
you like then. I think it may also look more professional
to use an email address that matches the web site domain.

I've completely abandoned my ISP email address with Wanadoo
/ Orange. I don't know what they did wrong but that address
suddenly started attracting 100's of spams a week.

My wife has the same problem with wanadoo/orange I suspect one of their
ex-staff
sold their customers' e-mail lists or their computers have been hacked.

It seems very likely. Thanks for all the advice everyone. By coincidence
my computer guru rang tonight and will be coming up next week, if not this
w/e.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk