Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns this time the killing of infant animals as young as three week

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:47:14 -0000, Jim Webster wrote:

Also, people seem to hoard-buy things like bread rather than dried
foods.

actually in area where they are dependent on pumping stations to get
them water,

That's only a problem if they are daft enough to have one of those combi
boiler things and no 50 gallon cold water storage tank in the loft.

Lets see there is probably about 250 gallons of cold water storage here,
historical, mains water didn't arrive until about 20 years ago...

We have a fairly comprehensive set of backup cooking, lighting and some
power along with a stock of dried/tinned food. When the power goes or we
are snowed in we are fairly comfortably self contained for several days.
The food might get a bit basic/repetative after a while but it will be hot
and we will be warm. What more do you *really* need? Nothing.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail