Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Wanted

Suzie-Q wrote:
I want to turn my front yard into something that I don't have
to mow. I suppose I could leave some grass, but not much. I
live in central Texas, so xeriscape plants would do well.

If any of you have such a garden that didn't cost much to
create, I'd love to see pictures. I'm always looking for ideas.

I've started with a sort of oval of river rocks surrounded by
those flat stones that are abundant in this area. Sandstone,
maybe?

I also plan to, eventually, enclose my front yard with a short
picket fence.

Thanks in advance.

Texas is big - Taylor, Waco, San Antonio, Llano??

Shady, sunny, black gumbo soil, rocky and thin soil?

Details will help.

Also, if you live in a restrictive neighborhood they can sometimes frown
upon yards that aren't mowed grass, trees, shrubs, etc.