Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 AM
seedy2311 seedy2311 is offline
Registered User

Location: Saddleworth
Smile

Hi, Charlie
Thank you so much for that - it's got to be worth a try, hasn't it? To pick your brains a bit more, what time of year would be the optimum for these cuttings, and should they be last year's growth? Should I use rooting hormone? Any particular way to prepare the 'rooting' end? I've tried scrabbling around in the ground under the tree, in the hope that I'll find something self-seeded, but with no luck so far.
Thanks a million for your help. As you say, nothing to lose by trying!
Take care
Seedy2311