Old 12-01-2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default How often should I change potting medium?

"Jane" wrote in message

This is the first I've heard about flushing (I'm pretty new at this).
What should I be doing? Right now I water only when the medium feels
dry. I use orchid fertilizer with ever watering.

To "flush" the soil I soak them in a shallow tub of clean lukewarm water.
Collected rain water if I have it on hand, and I usually do. I pour it
through the medium also. After every 5 plants or so, I use fresh water
again.