Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default electric chipper shredder

Tom J wrote:

booboo wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
bigjcw1023 wrote:
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and
found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!

Not unless it has a 15 horse three phase 440 volt motor on it.

The one that comes down my street every Monday is diesel engine driven
and has a 3 foot X 3 foot opening. It can chip anything the city
workers can lift and shove in it, and hardly come off idle.

Tom J

did you ever notice how government has the best of machinery?
no matter the cost government has it. new trucks every two
years, government has it. while I watch the average tax payer
struggle with their older truck and machinery that's just under
size or worn out I never see government having to make do. must
be nice to have an unlimited source of income so as to be able
to always buy the biggest most powerful machine.

I should stop short of criticizing government because people
love their government and city people they really love government...