Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Pond add value?

jan, my guess is that a pond is like a "view" or really good landscaping;
both of which are hard to put a value on. I'm guessing a pond might be
viewed by a potential buyer somewhat like a pool. For some, it'd be a great
selling point. For others, they'd view it as something they'd not use much
and mean extra maintenance costs. I agree that the critical element is who's
looking. For the uninitiated ponder, something simple might provide
attraction whereas a Koi pond might not.

"~ jan" wrote in message
I might have someone going to ask me if their pond adds value to their
home. (Thinking of selling.) I haven't view it yet.... but I've always
been
understanding they don't, but they might have sell it faster if it is well
done.... etc. All depends on who is looking. Group? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us