Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Probably not Dendrobium Ursula x Neo-Hawaii

Another plant I bought along with the D. helix I posted earlier. I have serious
doubts about the label.

D. Ursula is D. discolor x D. veratrifolium (almost certainly what is now known
as lineale).
D. Neo-Hawaii is D. lineale x D phalaenopsis.

There's nothing there that would give anything remotely like the tall, erect
antlers. They're typical of only D. antennatum, D. cochloides, D. stratiotes, &
possibly D tangerinum as far as I can tell. And, while D. stratiotes is a very
variable species, the blooms on my plant look very like at least one photo of D.
stratiotes.

Comments anyone?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEN-UrsxNH-01.jpg (98.0 KB, 114 views)