Old 12-01-2008, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Remberance Monday Bank Holiday petition

On 12/1/08 13:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:42:20 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 12/1/08 12:14, in article
, "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/remembermonday/

Just in case you haven't seen it.

Done, thanks Bob. I also signed up to the petition on the EU referendum!

Having once had an obligatory Tout-Saints holiday at the beginning of
November,
I doubt if people will welcome a day off in the middle of November.

Well, first of all, it's not about them just having a day off, it's about
the war dead. And secondly, if it was, it would be a welcome long week end
between August Bank Holiday and Christmas. Thomas Cook the travel agents
and others, are pushing the govt. for another BH, saying UK falls woefully
behind most of Europe in that regard.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk