Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default OT Remberance Monday Bank Holiday petition

On 12 Jan, 13:38, Martin wrote:
We got our Tout-Saints holiday changed to the Friday before Whit so that we had
a long weekend.

Shouldn't this be Tous Saints meaning 'all the saints' which is a day
of remembrance for all the saints which is the 1st of November and on
which most of Europe is on Holiday? If this is the same day in the
Netherland, then it's been a holiday for as long as I remember in
Europe.

France has divided the country for holiday times so that not all of
France is on holidays at the same time. Which means for some of my
relatives Easter holiday will fall at the end of April beginning of
May, and the kids will be in school in March, on good Friday. It's
madness ...