Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default OT Remembrance Monday Bank Holiday petition

On 12 Jan, 17:17, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Whatever subject is taught there must be a way to introduce it into
lessons....maths... what percentage chance did young men have of dieing or
being injured etc?... chemistry...constituents and effect of mustard gas ;
English... plenty of poems etc..; Biology... the cause and effect of
Gangrene and/or Trench Foot. (not least the smell): .....

This reminded me of something I saw recently - a parent bringing their
kids to the cemetery to do math. They would look at tomb stones and
find the ages of the people there. This is something I used to do on
those long trips to 4 different cimeteries in my youth on 1st Nov )