Old 13-01-2008, 09:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default The Romans Tried Aquaducts

"Blackadder XXIV" wrote in message
u...
No, the Romans didn't "try" aquaducts - they built and used them for
centuries.

http://www.inforoma.it/feature.php?lookup=aqueduct

It has been calculated that in imperial times, when the city's population
was well over a million, the distribution system was able to provide over
one cubic meter of water per day for each inhabitant: more than we are
accustomed to use nowadays.

Now you realize why the Roman Empire fell didn't you? A host of
barbarians, Goths, Vandals, Huns etc.. from the North and East invaded
Rome and destroyed the aquaduct system - causing Rome to fall.

Looking at our situation today, Indonesia's population is increasing
rapidly. 200 million + at the last count. I'd suspect that in about 30 or
50 years time or so, their population will be about 500 million - and
they'll come over and take this land.

everyone else got over the "yellow peril" idea decades ago.
kylie