Old 13-01-2008, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default abc for newcomers to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 12/1/08 09:54, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"sysop" wrote in message
news:NOMSGID_2=3a252=2f110_080112_002901__e1ce7869 @fidonet.org...

http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm

If you are new to this group and have a particular question you
want to ask, do take a look at the FAQs first to see if your
question has been covered. The FAQs will usually give a more
comprehensive answer than is possible in a newsgroup article.

I went to the FAQ site but the questions I wanted to look at, on the rh
column - "other sites" weren't available.

What are the other sites please and how do we access them?

I've emailed Cormaic to ask him about this and to see if he has time to post
here about it.

The page is very out of date in that respect. It still has the old demon
address for the old Suppliers FAQ that I used to maintain, which hasn't
been there for many years (5?)

I have vague memories that Chunky said sometime ago that he was going to
stop using the nugget.demon.co.uk though I can't find and email of new
post to actual confirm this. It's certainly years since he was active
here.

Don't know if the content moved anywhere else, however, the Internet
Archive Way Back Machine comes to the rescue - they all seem to be
the

http://web.archive.org/web/200503051....co.uk/MetaFAQ
/index.html

(ahh, just been wasting time indulging in a bit of Internet reminiscing
)
--
Chris French