Old 13-01-2008, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default OT Remembrance Monday Bank Holiday petition

wrote:
I have recently realised that it isn't their fault. It is ours. We do
not go about it the right way.

Absolutely, Helene, it IS our fault. The trouble is that "we" are more
than just you, and me, and a good number of others speaking here on this
topic in this forum. And, while our small number does what it can to
ensure the true story of the wars are not forgotten, many of the others
are so much more powerful than us. Transglobal corporations are running
the world of today and it is not in their interests to have the young
dwell upon matters that you and I and others like us know to be
important. They push the agenda of modernity and the future, which in
practice translates as the culture of consumerism. It is they who have
created that most contagious disease of our society of today:
"Affluenza". Most of our young are completely afflicted with it. All
they really want is no-maintenance no-work accommodation in which to
consume and enjoy, be it bigger and bigger flat-sceen TVS or smaller,
cleverer I-Phones and I-Pods, to lavish ready-cooked dinners, with at
least two weeks a year carbon-printing somewhere sunny and at least
several thousand miles away.

Eddy.