Old 13-01-2008, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Replacing lawn with herbaceous garden . . .

On 13 Jan, 13:04, Eddy
wrote:
Yes, azaleas are not nearly as thick-trunked, are they, so the roots may
not be as much of a problem, if, in fact, rhododendron roots are. *I'll
research azaleas too.

As I mentioned previously to you in the 'soakaway' thread, dwarf
variety of azaleas could be nice, like the purple splendour or the
gaisha (spelling) orange - but remember, your soil needs to be fairly
ericaeous, acid. Also choose your colours well, or it might end up
looking a bit 'bright' if they all flower at the same time! But that's
a matter of taste )