Old 13-01-2008, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default OT Remembrance Monday Bank Holiday petition

On 13 Jan, 11:45, Eddy
wrote:
And, while our small number does what it can to
ensure the true story of the wars are not forgotten, many of the others
are so much more powerful than us. *

There's very little mention of Rwanda where 800,000 people were
massacred - Slovakia/Check genocides which was a direct result from
WW2 etc. I'd like these wars, these 21st century wars to be remembered
now, not in 40 years time. These are affecting the generation of my
kids today and would be very relevant to them, having to live in a
multicultural society where many from those devastated countries are
living amongst us.