Old 13-01-2008, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Finally got our mole

wrote in message
On Jan 13, 2:24?pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi
We have had a mole for years. ?The problem was when it began going
under the lawn. ?I bought lawn edging to try to stop it but it
burrowed under that. ?I tried garlic, no good. ?I tried putting a
buzzing alarm in its burrow that didn't work. ?I bought a humane mole
trap and it burrowed at the side of it. ?Finally my husband dealt with
the mole and I asked no questions as to what he did, but it's gone.

:-(((

That one has.

You will now see and advert on the 'Mole Times'..... "One garden to let.
Vacant Possession"

Mike

Do you know anything about moles because I must admit it scares me to
think another one will come and we will be back to square one? Much
as I don't like to be cruel it was making such a mess, and there's a
field at the bottom of the garden it could have dug there to its
hearts desire.

I know nothing about them except that when we lived in the country and had a
big garden we got them too :-((

What I did notice and I have never seen anyone else say the same thing, is
that they 'moved' from West to East.

We just put up with them and cleared the earth mounds. The trouble is the
tunnels underneath and the uneven surface :-((

""Leave them alone and they will go home"" Someone else's if possible :-(

Mike