Old 13-01-2008, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Finally got our mole

On Jan 13, 3:48*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 13/1/08 15:03, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

Sacha says...
Moles come to us with monotonous regularity and my husband puts down traps
for them.

Which sort of traps does he use? Any tips on using them?

He uses those sort of scissor action ones, claw traps is the proper name, I
think. *He says he digs carefully into the run and inserts the trap in line
with the run and then he covers the run over again.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

That's what the Mole Catcher Extraordinaire, Jane Ransom used to
advise, she told me to dirty my hands first so that they couldn't
smell me - I didn't catch a mole, except the time I killed one with my
handbag, do you remember?