Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Andrew G

Default frizzled up miniture dahlias

"Nick Cook" wrote in message
Hi,

With the recent very hot days in Sydney, my mini dahlias have all but
burnt up.
Can I either cut them back or dig up and store bulbs at this time of
year?
I know about pulling them before winter but unsure about mid summer.

Nick.

Don't cut them back to the base, just cut them back to a node, as if pruning
the flowers off. The may get new shoots considering it is just from the
heat.
Then leave them to "die back", before digging them up.
They draw the goodness back into the bulbs (or tubers?) for storage over
winter.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply