Old 13-01-2008, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Looking after Kucle plant

"Tom" wrote

If I can just ask two more quick questions.

1) So it's ok to keep it outside during summer? Should I keep it in the
shade or direct sunlight?

Sunlight, ours in the late spring, summer, early autumn (unless there is
frost forecast) are on the South side of our house and get full sun most of
the day.

2) I've two choices on where to put it during winter (I live in a flat so
I'm limited)

a) The living room windowledge. South facing so maximum light, cool in the
day and at night but the central heating's on in the evening (20c).

Too hot in full sun and in the evening, certainly too much variation in
temp.

b) The spare room windowledge. East facing so only has direct light after
about midday but still has daylight in the morning. I don't have the
heating on in this room so it's always very cool.

Better option, the cool room will allow the plant to be almost dormant and
"tick over". But no lace curtains etc.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden