Old 14-01-2008, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default allotments

wrote:
On 11 Jan, 14:23, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
Does any council insist on chemical-free gardening for an allotment
holder?

Not that I know of, sadly. It is something many are talking about at
the moment. Also isn't it the whole point of having an allotment so
that we can grow our food stuff free of chemicals?!

No, the whole point of having an allotment is and has always been growing
one's own food. These days, more people are growing organically, but that's
a trend, not a tradition.
--
Linz
Wet Yorks